Grandma Sue's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 20 oz can pineapple rings
- maraschino cherries
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 325′.
- Place 1/2 cup of butter in medium sized cast iron skillet, dutch oven, or glass baking dish and place in oven until melted. Remove from oven.
- Add 3/4 cup brown sugar to melted butter and mix.
- Arrange pineapple slices in a single layer on top of butter and sugar mixture.
- Place maraschino cherries into holes of pineapple rings.
- Beat 2 eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in 6 Tbsp pineapple juice.
- Mix in 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Mix in 2/3 cup sugar.
- Mix in 1 cup flour and thoroughly combine all ingredients in batter.
- Spoon batter into pan with pineapple rings and spread to cover fruit.
- Place pan into 325′ oven and bake about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool for 3 to 5 minutes, then invert over a large sheet of parchment paper placed atop a cutting board.