Light lemon sorbet
- 1 cup sugar
- 5/6 to 1 cup fresh lemon juice (or Sicilia brand squeeze)
- 2 & 1/2 to 4 cups water
- tiny pinch or sprinkle of salt
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in microwaveable pyrex or other borosilicate container or 4 cup + measuring cup.
- Microwave sugar and water for 3 to 5 minutes, until all sugar is dissolved into a clear syrup.
- Add 5/6 to 1 cup of lemon juice and a tiny pinch of salt to syrup and stir until combined.
- Add 1 cup of water and stir. Taste. Continue adding water 1/2 to 1 cup at a time until sorbet has the level of sweetness and tartness you prefer. I like mine at about 3 cups water total. Add more lemon or sugar if you add too much water.
- Place sorbet mix in a freezer-safe plastic container, cover, and place in freezer.
- Stir sorbet mixture after an hour or so.
- Once fully frozen, serve and enjoy!