Snappy ginger cookies
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 3 Tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon white (or black) pepper
- 2 to 4 teaspoons cardamom
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- Add all ingredients except flour into a large bowl and combine until thoroughly mixed.
- Add in the flour one cup at a time and thoroughly mix.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a butter or cookie scoop or melon baller (easiest and cleanest) or spoon (messy) drop cookies onto parchment paper at least one inch apart.
- Bake at 350′ for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are browned and no longer gooey in the middle.
- Cookies may be kept in refrigerator for a week or so, but should be allowed to return to room temperature before eating.